Pflugerville was founded in 1860 when William Bohls established a general store and post office in his residence. He named the town after a German immigrant who set up a small farm about 5 miles east of present day Pflugerville. Pflugerville has experienced a lot of growth in recent years. Going from just over 57,000 people in the last census to now well over 60,000 people, with another 20,000 living in the city‘s extra-terrestrial jurisdiction. This growth has come with a lot of new opportunities for the city, including the city’s first conference center and 1849 Park. The city is continuing to expand, and is positioning itself to be one of the best living options in the Austin area.
Pflugerville Cost of Living
Pflugerville has a cost of living of 96, compared to the national average of 100, and the state average of 90.
- Austin Foam Plastics – 250+
- H-E-B – 100+
- Pflugerville High School – 100+
- Pflugerville School Dist Admin – 250+
- Cash Construction Co Inc – 100+
- Pflugerville ISD – 100+
- Pflugerville Care Center – 100+
- Afp Corrugated – 100+
- Best Buy – 100+
Looking for your own office space in the Pflugerville area?
Search our listings here.
- St. David’s Emergency Center
- Pflugerville Health Center
- St. David’s North Austin Medical Center
- St. David’s Rehabilitation
- Baylor Scott & White Clinic
- Colleges Near Pflugerville
- The University of Texas at Austin
- Southwestern University
- Concordia University – Texas
- Austin Community College District
- Saint Edward’s University
- Texas State University – Round Rock
- South University
- Texas A&M Health Science Center
- Pflugerville ISD
- 24,691 enrolled
- 21 Elementary Schools
- 6 Middle Schools
- 6 High Schools