ON JANUARY 16TH Don Quick & Associates, Inc. donated $10,000 to Round Rock ISD through the Partners in Education Foundation. This donation will not only pay off all current free and reduced lunch debt for 16 Round Rock schools, but it will also benefit two more extremely important RRISD programs.
Don Quick & Associates, Inc., represented by Joshua Brito and Rick Honrales, presented the $10,000 at the first Council of PTAs meeting of 2020. The donation was made on behalf of Quick Family Teachers who were represented at the event by both Don Quick’s brother, Larry Quick, and his wife Lynn.
“Service in education is a strong family value for the Quicks. All total, the family of Oscar and Carolina Quick of Round Rock have contributed 346 years to careers and service in public education,” said Larry Quick during his brief presentation that received a standing ovation from members of the Round Rock ISD’s Council of PTAs.
This donation is a tribute to the 13 Quick Family Members who have served a combined 346 years in public education.
- Signe Quick, RRISD – 51 Years
- Agnes Quick, RRISD – 52 Years
- Marjorie Beaumont Quick, RRISD – 32 Years
- Lynn Enger Quick, RRISD, Laredo, Phoenix – 35 Years
- Clarence Quick, RRISD School Board – 3 Years
- Linda Quick Carriere, Dayton ISD, Hamshire ISD, Pollock ISD – 24 Years
- Danielle Carriere Johnson, Stephen F. Austin University, Waskom ISD – 23 Years
- Marilyn Quick Richardson, Nacogdoches ISD, Shepherd ISD – 8 Years
- Carin Sue Richardson, Pollock Central ISD – 2 Years
- Joe T. Richardson, Stephen F. Austin University, Central Heights ISD – 24 Years
- Hazel Quick Knaak, Pflugerville ISD, Houston ISD – 30 Years
- Joy Knaak Riley, Austin ISD – 45 Years
- Ann Knaak Kowald, Polk County Schools Florida – 17 Years
The donation of $10,000 will be broken up into three parts:
Round Rock ISD FiT (Families in Transition) Program – $2,500
This $2,500 donation will pay for hotel vouchers, blankets and air mattresses for students who are attending school, but don’t necesarily have a place to live.
Round Rock ISD PTA Clothes Closet (campus direct giving) – $4,000
This $4,000 donation will pay for new socks, underwear, warm-ups, & shirts for campus direct devliery support for all title one schools and all high schools. It will also pay for socks and undergarments for Clothes Closet.
Round Rock ISD Free and Reduced Lunch Account Balances – $3,500
This $3,500 will pay off all current lunch debt for students on the free and reduced program for 5 high schools and 11 middle schools.
From Left: Lynn Quick, Larry Quick, Dr. Steve Flores (Superintendent of RRISD), Joshua Brito, Rick Honrales
“Since 1883, the Quick Family has been a proud part of Round Rock. With our long history of teachers, we are ecstatic to help RRISD in anyway that we can. We are proud to have called Round Rock home for over 100 years and we don’t intend to leave!” – Don Quick
Through a nice surprise, one of Lynn Quick’s former students was actually scheduled to be the guest speaker – Texas State Representative, James Talarico. See his post below.
This donation is just a small part of Don Quick & Associates, Inc.’s 50 Year Celebration. Don Quick & Associates, Inc. is celebrating 50 years in business by serving 50 charitable organizations in 2020.
Learn more by visiting donquick.com/50.